There are three levels of pain:
Pain, excruciating pain, and stepping on a Lego.
Truer words were never spoken. Or written. Yesterday I was swamped in the clutter of having two small children. Today I have lots of drawstring bags to put it all in. If you’re constantly stepping around (or on) Lego and other small plastic toys, then this list of how-tos has been put together with you (and your toes) in mind. And for those of you that are not especially handy with a sewing machine, I’ve even included a no-sew drawstring bag you can make.
- Make a no-sew drawstring bag – no sewing, no excuses.
- Make a quick unlined drawstring bag – an easy sewing project for beginners.
- Make a lined drawstring bag – this is what I made as they are a studier.
- Make a patchwork drawstring bag – a great scrap buster project.
- Make a drawstring bag with waterproof lining – ideal for storing paints and brushes.
It feels wonderful to be winning the battle against kid clutter (yeah right! Who am I kidding?). Henry is also quite delighted by his special little bags. He loves taking all of his knick-knacks out, putting them all back, taking them all out… over and over again. Whoever said variety was the spice of life obviously hadn’t spent much time with a two year old.
So, do you need one of these little clutter busters in your house? Which how-to are you planning to use? Let me know in the comments below.